Pages

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Decker

Happy first day of Namemas! Last year I started out with the girls so this year I am starting out with he boys. Like I promised in my welcome blog post I am going t be bringing you unique and unexpected Christmas names. 





Occupational Name
In German the surname Decker means roofer, carpenter, or builder. The reason for Christmas is the birth of Jesus. Joseph, Jesus' earthly father, was a carpenter! What a discrete way to honor the religious side of the holiday. With occupation names being a trend for boys, Hunter, Sawyer, and Cooper are all in the top 100, I can see Decker catching on with time.


Name Wearers 
Rocker Nikki Sixx named his son Decker Nilsson in 1995. When it comes to Decker as a surname you can find it on NFL Titans wide receiver Eric Decker and his country singing wife, Jessie James. They also have two children, Vivianne and Eric II, with another on the way. Because of the Decker family, when I hear the name I think of southern, preppy boy. 

Christmas 
If you are looking for a modern and discrete name for your Christmas baby, Decker is the way to go. I chose to include Decker in Namemas because it reminds me of decking the halls and the christmas song. After doing my research I realized the name also had a religious connection like I mentioned above. Not many people are going to get the associations right away, if at all. 

 photo small blog signature_zpsmlvv5oyk.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...