Pages

Friday, June 17, 2016

Finding Dory



Raise your hand if you've waited for the past 13 years for the Finding Nemo sequel! Don't lie because we all know the movie theater is going to be filled with people in 20s reliving their childhood. Finding Dory has been long anticipated by people of all ages. I know I've been waiting for it! 

If you've been around the blog long enough than you know I like to celebrate fun and important events by writing blog posts. I'd say the Finding Dory premier counts as important in my books. I took at a look of some of the newest Disney names from the movie below. 




Dory
Dory isn't a new Disney name but she is the star of the show so I had to feature her. Dory is a diminutive of Dorothy (Gift of God)  or Doris (Dorian woman). Besides being a nickname for Dorothy and Doris, Dory can be a nickname for Dora, Theodora, Teadora, Isadora, and Dorcas. 



Destiny 
Destiny is a new character to the Nemo franchise. She is a whale shark and one of Dory's friends. Destiny simply means destiny, fate in English. It wasn't until the mid 1970s that Destiny made her way onto the SSA popularity charts. She was pretty popular in the late 1990s/early 2000s but has been moving down the charts since. 



Jenny 
Jenny is Dory's mom. We finally get to met Dory's parents!  How exciting is that? Jenny is a diminutive of Jennifer, meaning fair, white. If you were born in the 1970s you know at least one person with the name Jennifer. That's if you aren't already baring the name. 





Bailey
Bailey is a beluga whale. Did I mention that Bailey is a boy? He is! How cool is it to hear about a boy character with he name Bailey. I rarely every hear the name on a boy. Bailey is currently ranked at #108 for girls and hasn't been in the charts since 2010 for boys. In English the name means bailiff. 



Charlie 
Charlie is Dory's father. Compared to Jenny, Charlie sounds very modern. Parents are using it a lot more on baby boys and baby girls as just a nickname. The nickname is a diminutive of Charles meaning man. 



Hank
Hank is a seven-armed octopus. Throughout the movie he is portrayed as being grumpy and just wanting a life all by himself. As a name, it is a diminutive of John (Yahweh is gracious) or Henry (home ruler). Most of the celebrities named Hank are given the birth name Henry. 

Will you be going to see Finding Dory? I'm thinking about going to see it with my little sister if I get the chance. I'd love to go since I've been waiting since the rumors came out about their being a Finding Nemo 2. 



****DISCLOSER: I did not watch the movie yet. The information I wrote about the characters I got while doing my research online. I also only included names of characters that were not in Finding Nemo with the except of Dory.***

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...