Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Witches from Tv Shows and Movies

You may have already read my post on witches from books but here is my post of witches from movies and tv shows. I was going to do the two separate but figured it'd be easier to do them together. Let's see what witch names we have today!



Azkadellia
I put this name on the list simply because I thought this was cool and unique. Azkadellia comes from Tin Man. This is probably a name you would only have on your guilty pleasure list. If you really wanted to use it I would say use it as a middle name.

Harmony
Harmony comes from Sex and the Psychic Witch. Back in high school I read a story on Wattled and the main characters name was Harmony. I loved the name because of that. They called her Monie and I would use the name just because I really like the nickname Monie.

Davina Claire
This is a really nice combination together. Davina is so cool and I really like Davi or Vina as a nickname. You can find Davina in the tv show The Originals. Davina is the feminine form of David making it a great way to honor a David.

Endora
Endora comes from Bewitched. I'm sure everyone knows the tv show but I didn't know of this witch's name. I'm usually not a fan of names that end in dora but this one really interest me.

Evanora
On my witches from books post I had the name Nessarose, a combination name, I have another combination name for you and it's Evanora. I think between Nessarose and Evanora I like Evanora more. It's a whole lot prettier and sounds like it belongs on a princess. The witch is from Oz the Great and Powerful.

Prue
Prue comes from Charmed, the tv show. Prue is short for Prudence. I really like the name Prudence but don't think I would have the guts to use it. Prue as a nickname is great too. There were other names from Charmed but I liked Prue the most.

Mortiana
I think you can add Anna to the end of any name and it will sound like a princess name. Mortiana comes from the movie Robin Hood; Princes of Thieves. It reminds me of the name Mortimer but like a girl version of it.

Bridget "Jet"
I put this name on the list because of the nickname they use. I had never thought to use Jet as a nickname for Bridget, although it does make sense. I love it a whole lot too. Bridget or Jet as it says is from the movie Practice Magic. I have only seen the movie once but I really liked it.

Marnie
I had to put this name on the list. Marie is from the movie Halloweentown. I grew up with this movie and still watch it to this day. I loved the name Marnie as a child. I think I like it as a nickname but I'm not sure what full name I would choice.

Winifred
Another name I love from a childhood movie. This time the movie is Hocus Pocus. I've really been thinking about vintage, old lady chic names recently. Winifred is one of those names. I love Winnie as a nickname.

Zelda
Zelda comes from the tv show Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Zelda is such a hipster name. I adore it and I know a lot of people love it as well. Zelda is a good witch so I don't think the character is scaring people away.

Mable, Margo, and Mitzy
This sister set comes from Charmed. I had to include it because it not only has the name Margo, which I love, but it also had Mable with a  different spelling and Mitzy that just tops it off. Mable is usually spelled Mabel but I think the spelling they used was cool. Mitzy makes a cool nickname.

So there we have witches from tv shows and movies. If you want to check out my post on witches from books you can find it here. Let me know if you have any witch names that I didn't mention that they like. These aren't even half of the fictional witches out there! I just wanted to wish you guys a happy Halloween!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...