Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Mom Interview: Nicole and Renee

Hey Guys! I am back for the next mom interview! This week is Nicole and her daughter Renee! I loved hearing about how she choose her baby name. Get reading and find out how she choose Renee!

1. What is your baby(ies) name(s) (Include middle if you like)? Only one girl right now: Renee Nicole

2.       Do you have any nicknames you use? Nabes or Nee-b. We used to call her Renee-baby-cakes, which turned into Renee-b-cakes, which then turned into Renee-b, then to Nee-b (nay-bee), and finally just Nabes.  

3.       What names did you have picked out for the other gender? Benjamin. 

4.       Was the baby named after anyone? If so, who? Yes.  My husband's aunt who was a wonderful woman passed away a few years ago.  When I was throwing out girl names during the pregnancy, my husband said he liked it, and my sister-in law told me it was their aunt's middle name.  It was the deciding factor in the end.  We really liked the name and who carried it before. 

5.       Did you know the meaning before you choose the name? Yes.  It means "reborn". 

6.       Who helped in picking the name? I did most of the suggesting of names, my husband would say yes or no (he's not a name nerd like me).  Once my daughter was born we decided together the next day on what her name would be. 

7.       Did you use a book or website to help pick the names? Yes, I researched baby names heavily.  I had an old baby name book from the 90's (wow that seems weird when I type it out), and I would read that in the evenings for fun.  I also started posting on a baby name forum to get ideas and feedback.  I wanted a normal, correctly spelled, uncommon name.  I did a lot of searching on the SSA name lists online to get stats and trends. 

8.       Is there anything you would like to add about how you named your baby? My daughter was not named until 24 hours after she was born.  Throughout my pregnancy my husband and I kept going back and forth on names so we finally decided we would simply wait until she was born to make a decision.  We just felt it was unnatural to name a person we had never formally met!  I used to have name regret for weeks after she was born worrying if it was the right "one", but I'm so glad we went with what we did.  She's every bit of a Renee to me and I couldn't imagine her as anything else. 

Other names we considered:
Colette
Elizabeth
Audra


Thanks Nicole for doing the interview! I had so much fun reading your answers.  I hope everyone liked it and don't forget to comment. Bye for now :)

Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinepanterahead/7621480324/
Photobucket

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...