Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Another Bloggers Great Idea

Hey guys! So I have been so busy this last week. Last night I had my Ring Dance. It was so fun but I had a 20 hour day that started at 5:30 am. Today is going to be a quick post. I wasn’t sure what to blog about today. I think I may be getting the beginning stages of blogger’s block :o lol. I finally decides to blog about the name another blogger’s idea. I found the blog NameFreak! The other day and fell in love. The idea I am going to tell you about is called Name Madness. I have an excerpt from her blog telling you about it.

For those of you new to NameFreak!, Name Madness is a tournament that starts with 36 girl names and 36 boy names put into brackets and you, the reader, vote each round until we reach a winner.  It's inspired by March Madness, a college basketball tournament in the United States, which uses 64 teams (I add an extra 8 names, just because, and use them in a play-in round) and several rounds to determine the annual champion.
I think it is an amazing idea and gave my suggestions for names. The theme is names rom books, movies and tv shows. These were the ones I suggested:
Girls
McLean (What Happen To Goodbye by Sarah Dessen)
Auden (Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen)
Rina (Dreamland by Sarsh Dessen)
Thisbe (Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen)
Hazel (The Fault in Our Stars by John Green)
Savannah (Dear John by Nicholas Sparks)

Boys
Macon (Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen)
Grayer (The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus)
Atlas (The Atlas of Love by Laurie Frankel)
Conrad (The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han)


For movies I like
Girls
Matilda (Matilda)
Vada (My Girl)
Audrey (National Lampoon's)
Palmer (Just Go With It)

Boys
Emmett (Back to the Future)
Messer (Life As We Know It)


For Tv Shows
Girls
Virginia (Raising Hope)
Gloria (Modern Family)

Boys
Lane (Big Brother)
Axl (The Middle)
Winston (New Girl)

Everyone needs to go check out her blog and give name suggestions. Her blog is http://www.thenamefreak.com/.  can’t wait to play! I hope you liked this and don’t forget to comment. Bye for now :). 



Photo Credit: http://www.thenamefreak.com/

 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...