Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Greek Names

Hey, guys. So I was asked what my favorite Greek names were on Formspring so I thought that I would do a post about them. I have 10 girl names and 10 boy names for you today. So let’s get started.
Girls
  1. Philomena- It means strong friend. The first time I saw this name was on formspring and I just fell in love with it. I really like the nicknames Mena or Pippa with it.
  2. Ophelia- It means Helper. I really love this name. it is so pretty and grand. I like the nicknames Fia and Fifi.
  3. Sophelia- It means wisdom, helper. I like this name because it is a great alternative to Sophia and it is just as pretty. You could even use the nickname Sophie if you like.
  4.  Korene- It means maiden. The first time I saw this name was on Nymbler.com. I really like K names and this is one that I love.
  5. Athena- It means goddess of wisdom and war. I LOVE, LOVE this name! I just saw it the other day and was like “Wow I really like Athena”. I like the nicknames Thena and Attie.
  6. Iris- It means colorful, rainbow. I like this name because it is short and sweet.
  7. Delta- It means mouth of a river. I Love this name. I like the nickname Delly along with it.
  8. Delia- It means person from Delos. I like how girl-y this name sounds. I like the nicknames Della or Delly with it.
  9. Anaxandra- It has an unknown meaning. I saw this name before but didn’t like it. Then when I was looking up names for this post I saw it again and fell in love. I really like how it has an x in the name.
  10. Acacia- It means thorny tree. This name is very pretty and I like it. I like the nickname Cassie with it.

Boys
  1. Thaddeus- It means praise. I LOVE this name! It has been on the top of my list for some time now. I like that you can use the nickname Thad with it.
  2. Judas- It means praised. I like this name because of two reasons. One is that you can use the nickname Jude and two is that it means praised, which is such a good meaning.
  3. Jericho- It means moon city. When I first saw this name I didn’t like it but now I have been really liking it. The only problem I see is that I don’t like the nickname Jerry with it. I would probably use the nicknames Rico or Rio.
  4. Leander- It means lion man. I LOVE this name too! I have had this name at the top of my list for some time now. I like it with the nicknames Ander, Lee and Leo.
  5. Lysander- It means one who is freed. I used this name on my blog before but I just had to use it again. I really love this name. I like the nickname Sander with it.
  6. Evander- It means good man. I like this name but I don’t like the nickname Evan. I do like the nickname Vander though.
  7. Barnabas- It means son of consolation. This name is like a GP for me. I like it but I think it would be too much for a baby to be named. If I was to use it then I would use the nickname Bas.
  8. Ambrose- It means immortal. I LVE this name! I like how it sounds so grand and manly. I would use the nicknames Ami or Bro maybe.
  9. Apollo- It means destroyer. I like this name because it has a grand feel to it. I do read a blog where the little boy’s name is Apollo and that is why I really like the name. (And he is so cute!)
  10. Atlas-It means support, prop. I am reading a book called The Atlas of Love by Laurie Frankel and the little boy in the books name is Atlas Claude. I have seen it used before but this book made it all real.

So that is my list. As you can see I really like Greek names for boys. After this post all of the names are updated it the name tabs at the top.
As for little Apollo if you could keep him in your thoughts and prayers he just had heart surgery. Here is a link to his blog. http://bakersdozenandapolloxiv.com/
Bye for now and look for more names.

Photo Credit: http://deeson-online.co.uk/blog/using-drupal-deliver-beautiful-e-commerce-sites


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...