Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year's Names

Hey everyone. So today I am going to do a blog about baby names for New Year’s Eve. I only have 9 names for each gender. So let’s get started.
Girls
  1. Nova- A Latin name that means new. I really like this name for a girl. It sounds girly to me. It goes good with the New Year’s theme because it means new.
  2. January- An English name that means born in January. This is a guilty pleasure name for me. I put this name on the list because New Year’s is in January. If I used this name I would use the nickname Janie.
  3. Aadi- A French name that means beginning. I put this name on the list because New year’s is the beginning of the year. It is different. I’m not sure how I like it pronounce, Add-ee or A D.
  4. Genesis-A Greek name that means beginning, birth. I’m not a big fan of the name but it is cute. I put it on this list because it means beginning.
  5. Akosua- An African name that means born on Sunday. I put this name on the list because this year January 1 is on a Sunday. I don’t think it is usable in the US.
  6. Christabella- I don’t know much about this name. I put it on the list because it is 12 letters long and we are going into 2012. I think it is a beautiful name and sounds feminine.
  7. Aviva- A Hebrew name that means spring, renewal. I put this name on the list because it means renewal and we are all renewed at the beginning of the year. I think the name is cute and actually like it.
  8. Naya- A Indian (Sanskrit) name that means renewal , fresh. This name is cute and short. You wouldn’t hear many babies with the name.
  9. Renee- A French name that means reborn. To me this name is classic. It ages well too. I know a lot of people use Renee as a middle name.

Boys
  1. Neo- An American name that means new. I don’t think many people will use this name. I personally think it is cute and would use it.
  2. Arata- A Japanese name that means fresh, new. I don’t think I would use it but it is still nice and you could use it if you had a Japanese background.  
  3. Tan- A Vietnamese name that means new. I like this name. it is short and sweet and would be a great middle name. people might shy away from the name because it is also a word.
  4. Aviv- A Hebrew name that means spring, renewal. I kind of like this name but probably wouldn’t use it.
  5. Rene- A French name that means reborn. I like this name but think it is a little girly. I feel like only a French boy could pull this off.
  6. Renate- A French name that means reborn. I like this on a boy even though it is a unisex name because you could use the nickname Nate.
  7. Kwasi- An African name that means born on Sunday. I don’t think this name is usable in the US but still has a great meaning.
  8. Constantinos- A Latin name that means constant. I put this name on the list because it is a 12 letter name and we are going into 2012. It is a long, masculine name.
  9. Hollingsworth- I don’t know much about this name but think it is cute. I put it on the list because it is 12 letters long.

So that is my list of names. I hope you liked them. I hope everyone has a great New Year’s eve and a happy, healthy year. 

Photo Credit: http://www.blogher.com/having-new-baby-new-years-eve

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...